What is my current ride worth?
When looking into buying a new vehicle, you might also be curious as to what your current ride is worth. Whether you want to sell it yourself or are looking at trading it in, it's a good idea you make your own research to make sure you don't lose hundreds or even thousands selling it for less than what it's actually worth.
A good place to start is checking websites such as CarGurus or Autotrader to get a great estimate of your current vehicle's value.
We often say it's what's on the inside that matters, but the outside and looks of your ride are also very important to it's value.
Here are some tips and tricks on how to maintain your vehicle's value:
- Try getting your maintenance done at the same repair shop/dealership/service centre. This way, it'll be easier to show a full service report to potential buyers, proving the vehicle has been properly maintained and cared for.
- XPEL Paint Protection helps avoid weathering and road debris damage on high impact areas. Less damaged paint, less value loss!
- Ask about fabric/leather protection... It goes a long way keeping your interior looking nice and avoiding stains.
-Regular scheduled maintenance is more than just that oil change... Your car needs alignments, tire rotations, fluid checks and cleans, battery and block heater checks. All of these things can help prevent uneven wear and tear on several major components and will help prevent costly repairs that will show up in a mechanical inspection.
- Have a set of winter and summer tires.
- Make sure you keep the owner’s manual safe and if possible two sets of keys. Most buyers won’t consider purchasing without.
- ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wash your vehicle before a viewing. People want to feel like they are getting a new, fresh car regardless of its age.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us at Direct2Wheels!